COVID-19 Trial Participant Protocols
BEFORE YOU ENTER THIS TRIAL:
You must read this COVID-19 plan completely, and indicate on your entry form that you have read and understand it. If you do not understand something, please contact email@example.com
The rules, policies and guidelines in this document will be in place for all Meriadoc Dog Sports & NosyDogz events held during the COVID-19 pandemic. Failure to follow federal, provincial, local or club orders, rules, policies and guidelines will result in dismissal from the event.
If you wish to view the entire Meriadoc Dog Sports & NosyDogz COVID-19 Safety Plan document, it is available at this link: COVID-19 Trial Protocols
We have a zero tolerance policy for ‘playing while sick’.
Competitors will recognize that masks are NOT a replacement for distancing, barriers and hand-washing.
BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever; chills; cough or worsening of chronic cough; shortness of breath; sore throat; runny nose; loss of sense of smell or taste; headache; fatigue; diarrhea; loss of appetite; nausea and vomiting; muscle aches.
While less common, symptoms can also include: stuffy nose; conjunctivitis (pink eye); dizziness, confusion; abdominal pain; skin rashes or discoloration of fingers or toes.
Prohibited from the trial site:
- anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- anyone who has been directed by Public Health to self-isolate
- anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada in the 14 days before trial
- anyone living with someone who meets the previous criteria
If you are NOT FEELING WELL, you MUST STAY HOME.
Trial host will designate, and the premium will identify, a COVID Contact person with full name, cell number and email address. This person will be the single point of contact for anyone withdrawing before or on the trial day(s) due to illness.
- Full refunds (less processing fee) will be issued to anyone withdrawing due to illness; notify the COVID Contact person listed in premium at least 30 minutes before trial check-in time.
- If you start to feel unwell after arriving at the trial site: immediately self-isolate in your vehicle. Notify the COVID Contact person in premium and leave the trial site (go home/ isolate). You will be refunded for any components you have not yet run (less processing fee).
- Failure to notify the COVID Contact person will be considered a no-show and will not be refunded.
- If you arrive at the trial site with symptoms, you will be excused from the trial with no refund.
- If you appear unwell and do not voluntarily leave the trial, you may be asked to leave without refund. We reserve the right to screen for symptoms and temperature-check participants.
Fewer faces, bigger spaces
- Consider keeping your bubble small before and after the event.
- Park with extra space between vehicles to allow 2m distancing while crating dogs.
- Only those people participating in the trial should attend the trial site. Exceptions are permitted for competing minors requiring an adult or those who need assistance due to a disability.
- Only the judge, handler and required volunteers will be allowed in search areas. No outside photo/ video person permitted during the pandemic.
- Walk-throughs are limited to only those people running in the component. Groups may be split up.
- Strive to maintain a distance of 2m from others at all times.
- Keep socializing to a minimum; keep groups to 6 people maximum and maintain distance. Ensure you are leaving enough space for others to get around you with 2m clearance.
- Trial hosts may use a self-serve model for check-in and awards/ score sheets. Please maintain 2m distance while you wait.
- Please consider not asking for photos with the judge at this time.
- Unless you are volunteering, please leave the trial site after you have your paperwork and ribbons.
- Self-monitor after the event. Isolate and report to the COVID Contact person if symptoms develop.
Personal hygiene and care
- Wash and/ or sanitize your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer/ wipes. Sanitation station(s) will be set up near high-contact areas.
- Participants should bring their own lunches, drinks and water for their own comfort. Hospitality table and volunteer lunches will not be provided.
- Do not ask others to hold your dog, leash, or other equipment. If you need to remove equipment before your search, please keep it on your person if possible.
Non-medical masks are REQUIRED
- Bring your own non-medical mask to the trial.
- Masks are REQUIRED for walk-throughs, and may be required elsewhere at the discretion of the host and/ or judge. This may include search areas and washrooms.
- You will not be permitted into mask-required areas without a mask.
- Review the BC CDC website on masks: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/prevention-risks/masks
Entering a trial during COVID-19
- You will be required to complete a participant agreement as part of the trial entry.
- You will be required to indicate that you have read, understand and will abide by this document.
- You must provide a phone number and address for contact tracing purposes.
Trial entry priority during COVID-19
In an effort to reduce the number of people at the trial site, and reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread due to travel, we are implementing the following changes to our trial entry priority during the pandemic:
- Entries from Vancouver Island will be processed first.
- Entries from BC will be processed first.
- Entries will be processed based on the time of entry and number of components. Those people who enter four (4) or more games will be processed first.
- RP entries will be processed before non-RP entries.
Our Participant Agreement form will be a separate form (listed in premium) and must be completed by ALL event attendees. You can review the Participant Agreement below. Where the participant is a minor, the agreement and trial entry should be completed by the parent or guardian who will be in attendance with, and supervising, the minor at the trial event.
Application - all participants, judges, members, volunteers, and friends and/or family members of the aforementioned while in attendance at club events (“Participants”).
All Participants of this event agree to abide by the following points when entering trial facilities and/or participating in Meriadoc Dog Sports & NosyDogz events:
- I agree to stay home if I am feeling sick.
- I have read and understand the Meriadoc Dog Sports & NosyDogz COVID-19 Rules, Policies and Guidelines.
- I agree to abide by the Meriadoc Dog Sports & NosyDogz COVID-19 Rules, Policies and Guidelines.
- I agree to bring my own non-medical mask, and will use it in required areas at the trial.
- I agree to symptom screening and/ or temperature checks.
- I understand that if I do not abide by the aforementioned policies/ guidelines, that I may be dismissed from the trial site.
- I acknowledge that there are risks associated with entering club facilities and/or participating in club activities, and that the measures taken by the club and participants, including those set out above and under the COVID-19 Safety Plan, will not entirely eliminate those risks.